Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thirsty by MT Anderson


Another vampire book, but much darker than the Twilight series. I really liked the fact that vampires exist in this book as an everyday, although horrifying and hated, occurence. Vampires are caught and "lynched" regularly. Chris begins to feel strangely thirsty. Guess what? He's becoming a vampire, and he really doesn't want anyone to know. And he really doesn't want to feed . . .


I read this book in a day. It has no vulgar language, yet it was one of the most graphic novels I've read in a while. An example: Jennifer casserole.


I read this book on David's recommendation. As he did last year, I am using it as an extra credit read while we are reading Macbeth in E2H.

1 comment:

David L. said...

I had forgotten about the Jennifer casserole! I remember being pretty grossed out about the visual.

I also loved the whole part about how he did not know if the angel was a devil... it was like a John Le Carre novel of the "soul."

MT Anderson writes novels, too, for the 12-year old set... Whales on Stilts, for instance. VERY funny and ironic. They're spoofs on Hardy Boys and Tom Swift series.