Monday, December 8, 2008

Impossible by Nancy Werlin


According to the author, this book is inspired partially by the ballad "Scarborough Fair" and the recent vampire-romance craze. For me, this book was the perfect antidote for Twilight -- a fantasy story complete with an evil fairy king, a female character who fights for herself and has power in her own individuality, a male character who helps but does not "save" the heroine!


I read this book in two days, and I plan to encourage my female students to read it for SSR.


I also think this would be a nice companion piece to Wuthering Heights. It's got some similar themes (the Elfin King is obsessed with Lucy and all of her female ancestors).


Also, check out this post by the author on her inspiration for writing this book: http://www.nancywerlin.com/impossible.htm

No comments: