Thursday, December 4, 2008

Jennifer Government by Max Barry


Imagine a world owned by corporations . . . not so hard to imagine, is it? That's the concept behind Jennifer Government. Nike's hottest new shoe is selling for literary over $1000, and now they've decided to increase the appeal of their product by setting up a murder that appears to be over the shoes. This action snowballs into a struggle between what little of a government is left and the corporations who want to do away with law all together.


I loved the concept of this book, and as I've noted, it's not a reality that is too hard to imagine. There were some slow parts, and I wasn't crazy about how it ended, but I did like this book.


I think this book would work nicely with any other dystopian/futuristic literature. I am considering using it in E2H as another pairing with Brave New World, and I think it might also pair nicely with Fahrenheit.

No comments: